Cloud Spectator Benchmark Results
Cloud Compute and Storage Performance Analysis 2020
IONOS Compute Engine compared to AWS, Google and Azure
Cloud Spectator, a US company that specializes in consulting and benchmarking cloud computing, has put the largest cloud providers to the test. The goal: to help customers find transparency in the IaaS cloud market. Between July and August 2020, the Cloud Spectator testers compared solutions from IONOS Cloud, AWS, Google Compute Engine and Microsoft Azure.
They measured the compute performance of the IaaS cloud using benchmarks such as Geekbench and Sysbench as well as the random read and random write performance of the two cloud block storage categories Standard SSD and Premium SSD. Premium SSD products are those with dedicated Provisioned IOPS.
- IONOS Cloud Compute performs 70% better on average than leading competitors.
- IONOS Cloud Standard SSD Storage responds up to four times faster than Azure and AWS (Random Read Performance).
- IONOS Cloud Premium SSD Storage performs 1.5x faster than AWS Provisioned IOPS, 2x faster than GCE, 9x faster than Azure (Random Write Performance).
- IONOS Cloud Premium SSD Storage offers more performance per dollar than AWS, Azure and Google.
- IONOS Cloud Standard SSD Storage offers a high-quality entry into high-performance SSD storage at HDD prices.
All benchmark results and details of the price-performance comparison test can be found in the 21-page report from Cloud Spectator.
Publisher: Cloud Spectator
Length: 21 pages
Published on: Sept 2020
Multi Core Performance
IONOS Cloud offers the best overall Multi Core CPU performance.
72% more performance than AWS.
50% more CPU performance per dollar compared to other competitors.